We are seeking a Test Engineer to perform formal system testing supporting various Federal Government agencies and commercial customers. As a scrum team member, you will be directly involved in the development of contract-specific solutions, performing software test planning and execution activities. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to apply sound engineering practices to execute formal system testing activities for multiple projects under the supervision of senior testing personnel.
The test engineer will leverage their testing experience in an Agile development environment, identifying optimum test strategies, methods, and tools for full-spectrum test activities. They will evaluate the complexity and estimate the level of effort for various system tests; troubleshoot testing issues, and mentor junior testers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate their ability for continued growth and desire to take on increasing levels of responsibility within the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Performs formal system testing activities: Requirement validation, IV&V, load/ performance testing, Section 508 compliance testing, and regression testing.
- Performs analysis of documented user requirements and directs or assists in the design of test plans supporting user requirements for moderately complex to complex software or IT systems.
- Perform small team leader duties, if required, responsible for planning and executing specific testing task(s) under supervision of Project Test Lead.
- Participates in all phases of risk management assessment and HW/SW development.
- Responsible for ensuring that the test design and documentation support all applicable clients, agency or industry standards time lines and budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that test results fully support testing conclusions and recommendations and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Grows skills to support multiple projects across many customer domains: test planning, test execution, post-test inspection, analyses, and reporting.
- Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Collaborates daily with other testers, customers, software development, and engineering teams.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Associates (with 10 years’ experience) or Bachelor’s (with 5 years’ experience) Degree in information systems, systems engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline from an accredited institution
- Five (5) or more years of experience in software testing.
- Understanding of core systems engineering disciplines and processes.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role of one or more testing specializations:
- Test Event Management – Plan and organize test events; analyze high-level requirements to determine scope; develop test event documentation.
- Automation Testing – Design, implement and execute suites of automated tests in an IV&V environment; create new and maintain existing tests using industry-recognized tools and techniques.
- Performance Testing – Design, implement and execute suites of load/performance tests in an IV&V environment; create new and maintain existing tests using industry-recognized tools and techniques.
- Section 508 testing – Plan and execute Section 508 compliance testing in an IV&V environment using industry-recognized tools and techniques; possesses (or is willing to obtain) current DHS Trusted Tester certification.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong initiative and work ethic and works effectively as part of an engineering team.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment and quickly learn new technology concepts, including software and hardware.
- Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for design, creation, and testing.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills; success in small team leadership.
- Strong communication skills – Ability to document, develop, and present technical issues so that stakeholders across the organization readily understand the content and their related actions.
- Excellent computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Test-related professional certifications are a definite plus.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- US citizenship required
- Possesses or can obtain OPM Position of Public Trust
- DoD Secret clearance – Preferred
- Washington, DC