Job DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT AND TASKS:
Statement of Work:
The Senior VMware Engineer will be part of the Cloud Shared Services (CSS) program providing critical design and support for the complex virtual datacenter environments.
This engineer must be able to work collaboratively with customers, application owners, and other CSS teams to provide exceptional customer service. While there is minimal/no travel with this position, candidates are not allowed to deny travel should it come up, must select willingness to travel 100%, even though that’s not the case.
Required skills/Level of Experience :
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Required and must be clearable to Secret or higher clearance
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all virtual hardware, resources, systems, and key processes – requires 8-10 years of experience
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution – requires 8-10 years’ experience Position requires 8-10 years experience with the following:
- Developing scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive tasks.
- Evaluating requests for hardware and software; research and recommend solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements. Performing the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager and NSX.
- Developing VMware vCenter and vROps reports for performance, troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Developing custom blueprints and workflows using vRA and vRO to automate and simplify tasks.
- Provisioning and cloning virtual machines and server appliances as needed.
- Maintaining and restoring virtual machine “backups” and snapshots.
- Performing upgrades and applying patches or firmware updates to the virtual infrastructure software or hardware.
- Participating in the on-call support rotation, responding to support calls both during and after business hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns.
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware.
- Developing and updating standard operating procedures and user guides.
- Completing service requests or incident tickets in support of the virtual infrastructure.
- Providing technical leadership and assume overall accountability for the successful management and implementation of customer projects.