Under the general direction of the Supervisor IT Operations, directs the activities and personnel of a designated shift. Responsible for supervising scheduled work for the shift, ensuring the accuracy and quality of all output, recognizing and documenting production problems, and taking recommending action to correct them. Ensures that adequate staffing is maintained to support processing requirements and also ensures that all hardware is maintained in good operating order.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB TASKS:
- Responsible for ensuring that all jobs are completed according to schedules and priorities.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving problems in conjunction with production control personnel.
- Reviews and ensures the quality of all output prior to the release of production control including:
print quality, number of copies and correct forms, normal EOJ, payroll, accounts payable, and report dates.
- Responsible for overall shift turnover as to priorities, jobs in the process, and problem areas.
- Responsible for documenting all equipment failures (problem reports) and taking appropriate action to ensure that all hardware/software problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Observe and recommend changes to increase operational efficiencies.
- Assist the Supervisor of IT Operations in recommending, drafting, and implementing operations standards and procedures.
- Responsible for enforcing security practices and procedures.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of the computing facility.
- Ensures that all routing preventive maintenance procedures are performed as scheduled according to the installation standards.
- Keeps Supervisor IT Operations aware of any operational or personnel problems.
- Responsible for proper and timely production ABEND recoveries ensuring that time schedules are met.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required skills/Level of Experience:
- High school diploma required, two (2) years college preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Enterprise IT workload job scheduling systems.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in data center supervision.
- Some Knowledge of Mainframe JCL and Program Abend problem determination/resolution preferred.