The Database and System Admin will perform the following tasks:
- Create SQL database access reports and managing and creating accounts in various environments
- Backup and restore database when needed
- Apply SQL Server or TFS patches and updates
- Monitor Database performance, jobs, alerts
- Run and monitor database jobs
- Performance Tuning
- Database troubleshooting
Required skills/Level of Experience :
- Experience with SQL server Security
- Create and map the accounts permissions
- Database encryption and creating certificates
- Experience with backup and recovery and disaster recovery plan.
- Experience writing SQL scripts
- Experience with performance tuning. (DMV code and performance tool)
- Able to create SQL jobs and handle job failures
- Familiar with SQL alerts and errors
- Familiar with System databases in case of any corruptions
- Familiar with applying product patching and upgrades (i.e., Visual Studio patches, Team Foundation Server upgrades and patches.
Nice to have skills:
Basic information about SQL Server Reporting Services (SSIS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) is a plus.
Note: A CANDIDATE MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN and be able to obtain a Department of Justice clearance.