- Analyze data requirements, complex source data, and the data model and determine best methods in extracting, transforming, and loading data into data staging, and warehouse.
- Work closely with functional teams to understand requirements regarding ETL design flows and data integration. Collaborate on definition, development, and maintenance of standards and processes.
- Develop ETL solutions using data warehouse design best practices. Create, update and maintain Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) system from OLTP or Staging database
- Create Program Code, Unit Test and Peer Review, and other technical documentation
- Support continuous improvement in Data Warehouse solutions and processes
- Support client data exchange and integration needs by leveraging technical expertise in database applications, ETL processes, and automation
- Foundational data administration tasks such as scheduling, troubleshooting, issue identification, and backups.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Nine (9) years of Information Technology experience
- Five (5) years of experience in Middleware, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, and Data Integration applications
- Five (5) years of IBM Infosphere DataStage experience including experience with 11.7.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with IBM Infosphere Data Stage ETL tool
- Three (3) years’ experience with data warehouse solution designs supporting data stores such as ODS, EDW, and DataMart
- Three (3) years experience developing ETL solutions supporting star schema and snowflake designs using Ralph Kimball Design Methodology
- Three (3) years’ experience with database design/modeling tools (preferably ERWIN), modeling techniques (multidimensional, logical, and physical models).
- Three (3) years’ experience creating DataStage parallel and sequence jobs using standards.
- Two (2) years of Healthcare Industry experience
- Strong understanding of OLAP business intelligence applications
- Strong understanding of reporting and database environments, processes, and associated applications
- Competencies leveraging data visualization tools for senior management and enterprise data visualization
- Ability to translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement required reports and dashboards
- Extensive experience writing and tuning complex SQLs, with insight into database indexes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to code and maintain Unix Shell scripts
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with IBM Infosphere Quality Stage.
- Hands-on experience with data architecture and data analysis skillsets
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills, including mapping of business, needs, or issues to the development of application requirements or procedural initiatives.
- Strong understanding of reporting and database environments, processes, and associated applications.
- Well-developed knowledge of operational systems, processes, and budgeting/forecasting concepts and activities
- Proven ability to ensure effective forms of documentation essential for the support of overall technical and user needs.
- Ability to work in a complex matrix organization